I wished...

by - 9:47 AM


Back during my youthful years, I’ve always told myself that “ career comes first, family comes later.” Lately, I’ve been finding myself banging my head on the wall due to the guilt from my past self. Growing up, I told myself that security was the most important thing to start a family. I needed a career first because it’s what I wanted, it’s what I needed!!

Here I am years later, with a career and good security, and.... NO BABY! Here’s an awesome ecard I found that totally relates. I guess I should’ve been an irresponsible teenager lol!



Anyway, despite the laughs the hubby and I got from this, it is still a bit depressing to know that the people who care, who are more responsible, who are willing to do anything to have a child goes through much suffering. I’ve met a lot of couples who are in the same situation we are in and it’s really tough. I don't mean to make fun of the teenage mothers out there but it is rough to see them get so pregnant easily and either keep the baby, have an abortion, or give the baby up for adoption. The feeling of unfairness builds up every single time. Curt, who works in the medical field has said several times how babies get dropped off at hospitals because the parents couldn't raise them. I wish I could take all of these poor babies home. 


Now I feel guilty about waiting for a long time to have children. Sometimes, I still wished I could turn back time and tried to have kids while we were young, broke, and still in school. Maybe, just maybe it would’ve worked. But who knows?! Until then however, I will be hoping for baby birdies to fill our empty nest.

Genuinely, 
Roxy


You May Also Like

0 comments