Word of the Year: GROW (Part 1)

by - 12:11 AM





During the holidays, I would listen to countless of podcasts from Jenna Kutcher, Beth Kirby, Rachel Hollis, Sara Tasker, and Julie Solomon. These ladies are powerful and motivational speakers that they have sparked something in me. Most of these podcasters talk about how to be successful in life, creativity, and business. As I sat listening to them, I kept asking myself the same question over and over again: "What do I want to change this year about myself?" This question haunted me time and time again until I noticed on my Instagram feed that people would choose a word that will signify their 2019 goal. I kept contemplating what word I should choose and I definitely dug deep into my soul for days. Finally, I came up with the word: GROW!

The reason I came up with the word "GROW" was because I wanted to do something significant and challenging. I have lots of goals that I want to do this year and I know that if I want to succeed with the goals I have listed, I needed to change, I needed to grow. I wanted to grow creatively, spiritually, physically, mentally, emotionally, and financially.

In the picture, I picked out some materials I had that I thought would be a great source of inspiration for me.

1. Laptop: I want to be able to grow my blog. I want to be able to share ideas, tips, advice on life, home decor, and how to cope with infertility.

2. Polaroid/Camera: I want to be able to grow my skills in photography. Not just for Instagram and my blog, but for the sake of also capturing memories. I used to be good at it but then for some reason stopped taking pictures.. maybe because I was living in the moment rather than capturing the moment.

3. Traveler's Notebook: I want to be able to grow by keeping track of everything. It holds my planner, my expenses tracker, my ideas, my goals, all of my lists! It goes everywhere with me and I don't leave the house without it.

4. Books: I want to be able to hone my creative skills both personally and for business. I want to dig deep into my creative side where I can find something that I love and share it with everyone. I want to be able to make my home cozy and inviting so that when guests come in, they feel welcomed and that there's good and happy energy to be felt. I want to be able to learn how to work Instagram; to show my creativity and attract potential customers for my niche. And lastly, I would love to be able to learn how to branch out by learning things that intimidate me like florals and macrame.

5. Phone: I want to be able to discipline myself with social media and spend more quality time with the people around me instead of staring and scrolling on my phone.

6. Letterboard: This is my reminder in my office that this is my year to shine, to better myself, and to grow.

There you have it! Some of the motivational materials that will help me succeed this year. Part 2 of this series will come soon. Happy day my friends! Keep smiling!

You May Also Like

0 comments